Dr. Felix Ilaweagbon Omobude is the General Superintendent of Gospel Light International Ministries (New Covenant Gospel Church), founded by him in 1988 with its international headquarters in Benin City, Nigeria. The church has branches spread across the nation as well as outside Nigeria. The central ministry drive is spreading the Good News of Salvation in Jesus Christ and working to ensure not just the salvation of the soul but also the restoration of the total person physically, socially and otherwise through humanitarian outreaches.
Before founding the New Covenant Gospel Church, he had served on the pastoral team of the Church of God Mission International under the late Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa. In all, he has been in active service as a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for over four decades.
Dr. Omobude was born on 14 March 1946 to Mr. Omobude Omokha and Deaconess Akpitanyi Omobude (nee Irabor) at Evbuobanosa formerly known as Owa in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo State, Nigeria. He was the third child in a family of fourteen children grew up in very humble circumstances. Having struggled to obtain an education in his early days, Dr. Omobude developed a great passion for helping others in their educational pursuits. To this end he has founded the Covenant Christian Academy (Nursery, Primary and Secondary) in February 1994 and the GLIM Bible College in April 1995. He is of the conviction that Nigeria needs high-level technological manpower to aid her development. His contribution to this end has been the founding of the Lighthouse Polytechnic, a fully Federal Government approved institution.
Dr. Omobude is married to a gospel singer and preacher, Pastor Abiola Theodora Omobude and they are blessed with two children, Ebenezer and Sarah Omobude.
An acclaimed man of integrity, Dr. Omobude is humble, hardworking and a stickler to the tenets of the Holy Bible.
- Full Technological Certificate of the City & Guild of London Institute – 1974
- Certificate of the Council of Engineering Institute Examination London
- Certificate in Theology, Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, U. S. A. – 1981
- PhD (D. Min) from Christ for the Nations Institute, Dallas, Texas, U. S. A. – 1984
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in Divinity of San Antonio Theological Seminary, U. S. A. in recognition of outstanding integrity and character – 1986
- Dr. Omobude’s social concerns led him to found Life Lift International â€“ A humanitarian outfit set up as an answer to a heavenly demand to better the lot of the less privileged. It is the humanitarian arm of the ministry focusing its activities on providing succor to the impoverished as well as people impacted by natural or manmade disasters.
OTHER POSITION HELD
President: Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN)
Member, National Board of Advisors, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria.
National Rep: ICARE Inc. Yuma, Arizona, U. S. A.
MEMBER, Board of Elders, Faith Community Churches International, Tucson, Arizona, U. S. A.
Dr. Omobude’s preaching are aired on local and international/cable television stations.
Books authored by Dr. Felix Omobude include
- You Are His Choice
- Flaming Fire
- A Cry in the Wilderness
- The Holy Spirit
- Spiritual Maturity
- I Sat Where They Sat
- Releasing the Power of the Tithe
- The Power of an Endless Life
- Whose Son Are You?
There is also a biography of Dr. Felix Omobude title Like a Gentle Flame written by Igbinewedo Albert Igbinedion (2006).
Some notable and inspirational quotes from Dr. Felix Omobude, extracted from Like a Gentle Flame:
- You cannot lie on Delilah’s lap and expect to wake up in Abraham’s bosom.
- Never be satisfied with the status quo
- If you want God to bless you from His riches in glory, you must come to Him with an open and expectant heart.
- If you have a penchant of shooting at the leaders in front of you, soon it will be your turn to be shot in the back.
- Never dance to the tunes of your enemies
- If your wealth does not affect the people around you, it is better you die or live in poverty.
- He that builds a house is greater than the house.
- If a man who slept in a good bed wakes up to say that he had a bad dream, how about the man who had spent the night on a bench in the marketplace?
- If as a believer, you suddenly develop old appetites it is an indication that you have climbed down from the cross.
- You cannot fly on he devil’s ticket and expect angels to receive you on arrival.
New Covenant Gospel Churches, Worldwide.
Headquarters: His Glory Cathedral, #1, Edokpolor Close, New Benin, Benin City.